F1 = 50% Labrador and 50% Poodle – This is Lab to poodle cross, this is first generation, resulting in healthier offspring! Hair type can be smooth like a Lab, wirey look like a Irish wolfhound or Wavy/shaggy, they can shed or not shed, pups in the same litter can vary. This is not the best cross for people with severe allergies.
F1-B = 25% Labrador Retriever and 75% Poodle (F1 Labradoodle and Poodle cross) – This is Labradoodle bred back to Poodle, Wavy Curly shaggy look doodle very consistent in coat type.
F2 = F1 Labradoodle and F1 Labradoodle cross -
F3 = F2 Labradoodle and F2 Labradoodle cross or F1B and F1b
Multi-generation = F3 or higher generation Labradoodle
Australian Labradoodles blood lines originate from Australia
What most people do not know about Poodles:
1. Originally breed for hunting
2. Are excellent retrievers
3. Are extremely intelligent and very trainable
4. Are very athletic (make excellent jogging companions)
5. Don’t have to be clipped like a show dog
6. Non-allergenic and non- shedding
7. Very calm dogs
8. Are excellent with children
9. Comfortable inside or out
10. Are all around GREAT dogs.!